Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Madapa ka...

i'm a borderline hypochondriac and i find myself trying to interpret every smallest bodily function, action or reaction to be a symptom of the latest ailment i've heard about. a previous blog entry talked about how to identify a possible "stroke" using the STReS (Smile, Talk, Reach Out Your Arms, Stick Out the Tongue) method, given this, i imagine everyone to be a candidate for stroke.

i was taking a walk with marty (imagine a rotund, heavyset fellow) and he fell over - what better way to test the STReS method.

Me: "Can you smile for me?"

Marty: "Pucha, nadapa na nga ko pipicturan mo pa. ang sakit ha! Bwiset." (Shit, I already fell down and you want to take a picture of me! Eeeets painful you know!)

Ok, that eliminates the symptom for smiling and talking coherently. I immediately asked him to put out his hands in front of him.

Marty: "Heller, wala ako planong mag ala darna dito.. madapaka ka rin kaya! tulungan mo ngako!" (I am not darna! what if you fell down? help me up!)

ah eh... well i guess if he can elucidate his pain and talk coherently he probably is not suffering from stroke. drats, i guess i have to continue to look for another potential victim... errr...

2 comments:

Marge said...

hahahahah... this made my day!

Anonymous said...

Thanks mate... just dropped by. Will look for BIKE STN when we get to Seattle. Still in Buenos Airies.
xanax

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails