Madapa ka...

i'm a borderline hypochondriac and i find myself trying to interpret every smallest bodily function, action or reaction to be a symptom of the latest ailment i've heard about. a previous blog entry talked about how to identify a possible "stroke" using the STReS (Smile, Talk, Reach Out Your Arms, Stick Out the Tongue) method, given this, i imagine everyone to be a candidate for stroke.

i was taking a walk with marty (imagine a rotund, heavyset fellow) and he fell over - what better way to test the STReS method.

Me: "Can you smile for me?"

Marty: "Pucha, nadapa na nga ko pipicturan mo pa. ang sakit ha! Bwiset." (Shit, I already fell down and you want to take a picture of me! Eeeets painful you know!)

Ok, that eliminates the symptom for smiling and talking coherently. I immediately asked him to put out his hands in front of him.

Marty: "Heller, wala ako planong mag ala darna dito.. madapaka ka rin kaya! tulungan mo ngako!" (I am not darna! what if you fell down? help me up!)

ah eh... well i guess if he can elucidate his pain and talk coherently he probably is not suffering from stroke. drats, i guess i have to continue to look for another potential victim... errr...

Comments

Meg21 said…
hahahahah... this made my day!

Popular posts from this blog

Men and Makeup

a most unusual saint

the sign