I'm scared shitless over what a bad year is going to be compared to 2011. If that's not enough, the Mayans predicted that 2012 is the end of the world. That, or they just ran out of parchment or rock to record their calendar.
Whatever happens in 2012, there's so much to be thankful for in 2011. As with most web chroniclers, here are some personal highlights for 2011:
- it was a great year for a gastronomic trip with new restaurants added to my usual staple (Yaki Mix, SumoSam, Joed's, Everything Yummy, Fudge, Dong Juan, Hawker 101, Choi City, Tsim Sha Tsui, Don Merto, The Bee Farm, Pala Pala 18th St., ad infinitum)
- traveled, discovered and revisited old haunts in the country (Bohol Bee Farm, Intramuros Walk, Captivating Camotes, Pataan Falls in Bago City, Pampanga Cultural Heritage tour, Boracay (again and again), Catmon, Tabogon, Bacolod, Naga, Barili etc. etc.)
- dusted my sandals and headed out for some international trips to Macau, Hong Kong and Vietnam where i got to bond with family, close friends and indulged my need for travel, photography and food where it all settled in my midsection.
- rediscovered family relations with cousins long gone in the US, Australia, Negros, Panay, Luzon, all thanks to Facebook.
- stayed in touch with friends all over the world. who would have thought that the world is going to be literally at your fingertip? blame it on the proliferation of tablets and touch phones he he he
- found new friends, lost some and learned the EXACT value of some friendships.
- completed four years in a row my Misa de Gallo novena to the Lord Jesus for all the blessings and all the tribulations i went through because at the end of it all, i am truly NOT alone.
and just like that 2011 comes to an end and I look towards a better, stronger and blessed 2012! Happy New Year everyone and let me thank those that continuously come back to this blog to listen to my Incessant Rambling.