predicting the weather

i know that this may sound ridiculous, but for some reason, every time i have my car washed the day will not end without heavy rainshower. i never really noticed that "connection" until the time that my best friend pointed it out to me.

the amount of rain is also proportionate to the amount of cleaning done. if i have a simple body wash expect light rainshower, if i add on vaccuum and tire-black you shoul look forward to pretty decent strong rain and the occasional thunder. i got some waxing and minor detailing last december and the national government had to cancel the ASEAN summit because of severe storms.

it's not because it is rainy season as this phenomenon happens without fail even during the severest days of summer. it has come to a point that i would send text messages to my closest friends every time i make an excursion to the car wash. we joke about it, but it really, truly happens.

vince had his son christened a couple of weeks back, he called me midday to request that i don't have my car cleaned. bad luck for him, i had the car washed early morning since i was attending the christening and reception. that prepared them well enough to bring a number of umbrellas that they posted at the door of the sacred heart chapel so that ninong and ninang don't have to get themselves wet running to their cars.

end of june gaye called up to remind me to attend her inauguration as mayor of pinamungahan. she hurriedly told me not to have the car washed as she'd have her car pick me up together with some friends. the day started pretty well, we even got some bit of rainshower during the parade from the church to the gym where the inauguration was done. we all trooped to the house for the reception and the skies opened promptly and let loose some heavy rain. i can feel gaye's eyes on me and i can't help but squirm uncomfortably - i had the car washed late into the evening of the previous day.

ron called me a couple of days back and asked innocently if i had the car cleaned. turned out, he was walking to his other clinic under an apparently sunny bright day when rain suddenly poured and he had to take cover under the waiting shed. i lied through my teeth but got busted as he noted that the interiors of the car was dust free and smelled of car shampoo much later in the day.

after church today, i wanted to have the car cleaned but my best friend advised me not too as the weather is rather dark and gloomy with impending rain. it is 2:44pm, almost done with the afternoon and despite the dark clouds hanging low, not a single drop has fallen.

i swear i am more accurate than the weather bureau. i'd hazzard a guess that i am probably more effective than the tons of eggs offered to st. claire by devotees who wish for a clear and sunny day.

the philippine government is spending millions for the cloud seeding project to induce rain when all they need to do is pay me to get my car to luzon and a pay for a lifetime privilege of car washing services.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Tay,
Thanks for the warning. I guess this means that YOU WILL NOT HAVE YOUR CAR WASHED on Nov 16 and 17 ah. :P I will still offer eggs at Sta Clara but it would be much better if you won't clean your car.
:)

Popular posts from this blog

Men and Makeup

a most unusual saint

the sign