Samsung Digital Life - Portraits

...Pictures taken using the Samsung SGH-E310 Mobile Phone...

If a picture paints a thousand words, then my trusty Samsung SGH-E310 has painted a good part of my life. The only thing I hate about it is that it also records my bloating waistline. Arrrgh.

People in My Life...

To the left of this picture is Zaroff, well, the eyes of Zaroff. He has this fascinatng deep-set eyes - and I've always wondered if it is because he lacks sleep or he is the reincarnation of Dopey (of the the Seven Dwarves) in this lifetime. To the right are good friends Asif and Raidah. Asif is in London right now while Raida is off to medical school in China. And yeah, we all met while I was based in Sri Lanka.


Abdullah (left) and his brothers own a restaurant in Colombo, Sri Lanka that serves the best submarine sandwiches (beef is the best) - they owned a franchise in Maldives before it got flooded by the tsunami that hit South Asia 2004. Ramesh (right) is a software developer for (...) and is part of the eating crew that gets together Sunday evening.


Actually, it was a bit of a challenge as we have Muslims, Buddhists, Zorastrians, Catholic (ME!) and Hindu friends. You can imagine what a challenge it is when we all decide to eat out. Someone's allergic to fish, our Hindu friends can't eat beef, our Muslim brothers can't have pork. You can probably guess the answer to the riddle "Why did the Chicken Cross the Road?" - to get away from us.

The cops had a difficult time determining who raided the icebox - the suspects all looked the same. Ayoob's going to hate me if I just posted the "chipmunks" so am logging another one where he looks half decent.
Well, it is not fully decent - it's just a profile after all. Ayoob now works for an advertising firm in Sri Lanka and was a former colleague at work. Now, we simply call each other brother (I am the younger one, and since this is my blog he can't contest that). Amazing tidbit, he is a Muslim and he went with me to watch the Passion of the Christ.


Glorietta 3 or 4, am not really clear about this one... but the lighting fixtures inside Seattle's Best caught my eye. Right beside it is Kitchen (owned by the Ocampo's) and me and Noni usually drop by to get some of my favourite grape slurpee and seafood cooked in a smooth coconut cream sauce with a dash of vinegar, toasted garlic and chili over plain, heavenly rice. Noni's asking me if he had some food stuck between his teeth. Not a pretty sight, but an interesting subject for a picture.


Me and Ann - we went on a day trip to Bohol together with some office mates and stopped over at a souvenir shop (a must in Filipino culture). Too tired to move, I slouched outside in a waiting shed and took this gem of a shot. Ann is now working for Marriott. I could probably buff my way by saying I had an allergic reaction to some food we ate during the river cruise in Loboc - but the reality is that I really had HEALTHY cheeks ("had" is the operative word - this is three years ago - i've grown slimmer since then he he he)


Me and Mom. I love this picture and would like to remember her during happier times. She already has cancer when this was taken (a little more than a year ago). Sometimes, when I close my eyes, I know she is looking over me with that great big grin on her face. The picture to the right is the interior of an old old church in Bohol. I liked the way the light is framing the shot from the row of windows along the side, illuminating the lone figure of an anoymous man walkting to the altar. Hey mom, hope your trip wasn't lonely. I miss you.
Pictures taken using my Samsung SGH-e310.

Comments

Erich Jao said…
I love the pictures and the way there were taken. They have an elegance that makes the shot priceless.

Now I wish I can get my own digicam and start snapping away once more.

Popular posts from this blog

Men and Makeup

a most unusual saint

the sign