Samsung Digital Life - Structures (Part 2)

...Pictures taken using the Samsung SGH-E310 Mobile Phone...

I love reading, it allows me to create images in my mind's eye. But as fast as the words register in my mind, so does the images fade from my memory. My digital eye allows me to remember places and images frozen in a single moment.

Here's a collection of some striking visuals that has caught my fancy.

Angels in Heaven.

I stayed in Bambalipitiya, Colombo and the stretch behind the house is the bay walk that faces the Indian Ocean. The sunsets are amazing specially those from Galle Face. This image reminded me of Angels soaring high in the heavens.


Colombo features a very interesting variety of cultural influences - from Hindu, Buddhist, Muslim, English, Dutch and it reflects in the architecture. Here's a couple of interesting structures - the one on the left is a Hospital (inspired by the Dutch settlers) with amazing brickwork in vivid yellows and red whereas the stark plain white of the mosque to the right with the dome and turrets hide intricate patterns within its interiors. It is said to entomb a Muslim saint whose mausoleum miraculously grows every year. I am fortunate that I have a muslim friend who took me inside to have a look. The busy street outside fades into a silent hush as the solemn spirituality of the place takes over.

I lived in Colombo 7, in Torrington Court for almost two years. The place is considered to be the elite place where old rich families lived. My place used to be an old Dutch hospital that has been converted into a residential place. Creepy.

This picture caught my eye as the play of the early afternoon streamed through the thick foliage creating an amazing display of rays that was accentuated by smoke coming from a pile of burning leaves. The one on the right is a jaguar, gleaming silver. I can hear it calling out my name.



My travels to different countries is always an amazing experience, it helps to have friends who can take me around to explore hidden nooks and corners of the city. To the left is a dear friend Val who works for HP in Kuala Lumpur. To the right is a picture of the famous Petronas Tower that lords the skyline of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.


Another picture of Val, Me and Alvin (Filipino - Malaysian). To the left is an interesting composition of a walking path in the middle of KLCC in Kuala Lumpur.




The picture to the left is an architectural detail of the KLIA (KL International Airport) - the airport is designed with garden pockets scattered all over, creating light wells within the complex. To the right is a building in the old China town in KL, the early afternoon sunlight created an interesting play of light.

Taking pictures at night opens up varied lighting effects. This is specially interesting when the subject is urban architecture. To the right is the new Ayala Museum, Makati whereas to the left is the restaurant that faces the museum. The Chinese lantern globes remind me of stellar constellations.

Speaking of lights, the two pictures here are of lighting fixtures inside a restaurant. The one on the left is from East Ocean in Old Banilad, Cebu whereas the one on the right was taken from Cafe Marco in Marco Polo Hotel, Cebu.

Old church interiors fascinate me, not only because of the intricate designs, but because of the history that is tied to each stone set in place. The detail here is taken from Dauis in Panglao Island, Bohol. One of the oldest and considered to be one of the most beautiful. The walls and ceilings are painted with life-like murals and the altar is an amazing display of ancient saints preserved in time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
heyers boss !!!! how bout me and 2c ... heheheheheh:-) boss great pictures! ure on the right track...

Popular posts from this blog

Men and Makeup

a most unusual saint

the sign