Regaining Life

An incredible feeling of lightness settled in my heart as I walk away from the office, knowing that it would be the last time that I am walking away as an employee of the company. I lost a job but regained my life.

One's life is a Work in Progress - it gets complicated when your work takes over your life. Too many times we tell ourselves we are going to get that extra day off just to spend some quality time for ourselves or with people that matter, only to have your digital appendages remind you that "wired" is not an exclusive electrical term anymore.

How many times have you cancelled a dinner, missed an important event in your kid's life, cut short a conversation, walk away? Perhaps it amounts to less than an hour, a moment's notice in your life - on the other hand, you have lost a fleeting instant that would have lasted forever, not for you, but for those that mattered most.

No regrets, only lightness of being.

Comments

Mary Tolentino said…
I could totally relate having gone through more re-incarnations than I care to count. Thing is Cacho, you aren't regaining life - you HAVE one. Namiste whatever that means goes to you my friend.
Cacho said…
Hmmmm I thought that I was just going through the motions of living a LIFE. But your thoughts reminded me that with dear friends, family and new found friends, i may have looked far only to find what I am looking for much closer. Thanks dear friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Men and Makeup

a most unusual saint

the sign