Respect All Animals - Oommmmm....

Buddhists absolutely hate the idea of killing a poor animal for food. I mean I understand it when they give *icks* and *yucks* when I propose the idea of getting all the stray dogs that litter the streets and just export them to Korea (believe me, I got some murderous looks when I volunteered the idea in a discussion... in the middle of a meal. Then again, they are ok to "murder " me when they hate the idea of killing an animal... really now...)

I can't even begin to start counting the benefits of making such a move and will reserve it in another entry. But the whole theme of this entry is Respect All Animals *ooohhhhmmmmmm*

Ok, ok... let's presume I buy into that concept. But I think we should restrict that to certain things... like, animals that run around in four feet, has fur... ok, animals that has feathers... scales?

But I draw the LINE when an animal has more than four feet! (read: INSECTS)

I was having a discussion with Gaya (a former staff and is now nowhere to be found...) regarding some business plans of the company when a small, transparent, yellowish cockroach walked nonchalantly right accross my table. Confident in the fact that Animals Should Not Be Harmed. I was getting to whack it with a rolled-up newspaper when Gaya squealed:

"Please no! That's just a poor baby cockroach! It is innocent!"

I looked at her with a rather stupid blank stare for a second or two then promptly flattened the bugger on my desk. *Splak*

"It's going to grow up and it's going to be a pest. One cockroach down, a million more to go!"

Seriously now! Duh!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Your blog sucks. Even if the Anus of God and the Virgin Mary opened in the sky, there could not be a greater rain of shit. Say three Hail Marys and four Our Fathers. Have a nice day.

Popular posts from this blog

Men and Makeup

a most unusual saint

the sign